Release Techniques for Non-Manual Practitioners NKT Meets The Roll Model Method
Open to all levels of NKT student/educator/trainer/clinician
This training equips you to:
- Learn the optimal use of 4 different sized Roll Model® Balls that unravel patterns of pain and movement dysfunction.
- Learn to apply NKT® assessment skills using grip-rich, pliable self-massage balls.
- Explore self-myofascial release in body areas that are facilitated or neuro-myofascial stimulation to areas that are inhibited.
- Learn to craft test/retest scenarios and schema using hands-off self-myofascial release tools that give instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain.
- Learn tools for consistently creating innovative Therapy Ball sequences for yourself and your clients’ self-care
One Day Workshop Schedule
9:00 am – 10:30 am
Introduction to Roll Model Self-Myofascial Release Tools and Techniques
– Stress-transfer medium comparison
– Experiential self-palpation
– Exploration/explanation of 9 Roll Model self-palpation techniques
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
Releasing Facilitated Muscles with Roll Model Balls
– Guided experiential release of hard to manage areas like: diaphragm, masseter, popliteus, flexor hallucis longus, scars, etc.
– Hands-off skill building of facilitated muscles
– Boosting proprioception
– Common pitfalls
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Activating Inhibited Muscles with Roll Model Balls
– Guided experiential techniques to improve proprioception and of inhibited muscles followed by activation: serratus anterior, psoas, hip adductors, lower/mid trapezius, cervical flexors etc.
– Hands-off skill building of inhibited muscles
– Common pitfalls
3:00 pm- 4:30 pm
Modifications in Application of Hands-Off Help
– Roll Model Ball modifications for touch sensitive & specialty populations
– Improving cue delivery for Hands-Off Help
– Experiential techniques drill with facilitated muscles
4:30 pm – 5:15 pm
Release Strategies & Best Practices cont.
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Q&A, Wrap Up